– Care for and socialize with the animals
– Assist with maintenance and upkeep of the shelter
– Assist potential adopters with meeting the adoptable animals
– Plan and participate in fundraising functions
– Contact businesses for donations of items or services
– Spread the word to the public about our fundraising events!
– Office work
– Perform adoption follow-ups
– Filing and paperwork
– Data entry for animal records into PetPoint
– Help with special events at the shelter
CHA Animal Shelter has a foster program that allows our volunteers to house animals with special needs on a temporary basis in their homes. This program allows CHA pets to recover from medical conditions, grow to a healthy and adoptable age, or just get relief from the stress of the shelter in a caring environment. The Foster program is open to all CHA volunteers. If you are unable to volunteer regularly with CHA Animal Shelter but are interested in providing temporary care and shelter to animals in need, you can begin the process to become a foster parent by attending a brief training and orientation. For our foster application, click here! Please email your completed application to Kelsey@CHAAnimalShelter.org.
Does your employer offer matching gifts for donations or volunteer hours?
Matching gifts are donations made by a donor’s employer. Many employers will
sponsor matching gifts. In this case the employee (donor) makes a donation of a
certain amount and then their employer will match that amount. The percentage
varies from employer to employer but the most common matching amount is
General guidelines for submitting a request
Contact your human resource office to determine if your company participates in matching gift
programs. Participating companies may have a specific matching gift office. If a matching gift office is
not available, your human resource department should be able to get you started.
If you need help along the way, contact our Executive Director, Stephanie Wimbish, at
A list of companies that participate in matching programs can be found HERE: